The Career Resources Questionnaire
Assess Your Career Resources
Assess Your Career Resources
The Career Resources Questionnaire is a simple and fast way to assess critical resources of your employability and to promote personal career success. The results provide your personal career resources profile.
Discover your Career Resources and Establish your Employability
The results of the questionnarie show your personal career resources profile. It shows your employability and which career resources you can draw upon to achieve your career goals and which resources are currently weaker.
The Comprehensive Personal Report gives you an additional profile where you are compared to other people who took the Career Resources Questionnaire. This allows you to see which of your career resources are stronger or weaker compared to others. The Comprehensive Personal Report also gives you more background on each career resource, explains why each is important to achieve career success, and suggests activities to use and develop each resource more fully. Please click here for more details.
The Career Resources Questionnaire helps you to:
- Estimate your personal employability
- Discover your available strengths and support to achieve your career goals
- Discover your weaknesses and barriers that might impede you from achieving your career goals
- Get suggestions for what you can do to fully utilize your available career resources
- Get suggestions for what you can do to develop and strengthen your career resources
Make the Most of Your Test Results: The Career Resources Workbook
To think more deeply about your career resources and the results of the Career Resources Questionnaire we have developed a workbook that provides a series of questions for each career resource. You can get the workbook in the Download Section. It is the perfect companion to the *Career Resources Questionnaire.
Professional Use in Career Counseling, HR Development, and Consulting and Coaching
The Career Resources Questionnaire can be taken by clients in career counseling, HR development, and consulting/coaching. The Career Resources Questionnaire is a simple and fast way to assess key resources for career success among your clients and employees.
Discover the Career Resources of Your Clients and Employees
For the professional applications of the Career Resources Questionnaire, we recommend the Comprehensive Personal Report. It includes a comprehensive analysis that allows the career resources of your client / employee to be compared to those of other people who took the Career Resources Questionnaire. This allows for a nuanced and informative assessment of the career-related strengths and weaknesses of your client/employees. The Comprehensive Personal Report also gives additional background information on each career resource and provides suggestions for what your client can do to develop and utilize each career resource more fully. Please click here for more details.
Based on the Career Resources Questionnaire profile, you can:
- Get a quick assessment of the employability of your clients/employees
- Estimate the likely areas of strength and weaknessthat your client/employee possesses for career development and career success
- Obtain a better understanding of the specific counseling and development needs of your client/employee
- Plan your career counseling and coaching sessions and HR development process by focusing on the career resources most useful for your client/employee
- Obtain ideas of what actions your client/employee can take to develop each career resource
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your career counseling, coaching, or HR development processes by comparing your client’s/employee’s career resources before and after your intervention
Get More Insights into the Questionnaire Results: The Career Resources Interview
To faciliate a more in-depth assessment and discussion of the results of the Career Resources Questionnaire, we have developed a guide with interview questions.
The interview guide is available in our Download Section. It is the perfect companion for the professional use of the Career Resources Questionnaire.
How to use the career resources questionnaire for career interventions: The career professional’s guide
We have developed a guide for career development professionals on how to use the Career Resources Questionnaire with their clients. The guide is available in our Download Section.
Use the Questionnaire in Your Teaching
Are you teaching a career class at the undergraduate, graduate or MBA level? The Career Resources Questionnaire can be a useful tool to engage students in discussions about employability, career development, career success, and career counseling.
Suggestions on how to use the Career Resources Questionnaire in teaching
Use the Career Resources Questionnaire as a career self-assessment experience and let students complete the questionnaire as a homework assignment. Instruct them to bring the questionnaire results (their Basic Report) to the next class. Based on this experience and the questionnaire results you can:
- Let students reflect about their own career goals and what resources might help them to achieve their goals
- Engage students in a discussion about factors that lead to career success and discuss the nature and meaning of career success
- Engage students in a discussion about how important resources for career success can be systematically increased by career interventions (e.g., counseling, workshops, HR development)
- Engage students in a discussion about the benefits and limitations of psychological tests in career counseling and HR development
Use the Questionnaire in Your Research Project
The Career Resources Questionnaire can be used by researchers as a brief, reliable, and validated assessment of the key factors that promote objective and subjective career success.
The Career Resources Questionnaire is useful for examining the predictors, outcomes, or development over time of career resources. The Career Resources Questionnaire can be used in its entirety to assess a comprehensive array of career resources. Alternatively, single resources can be assessed separately for more specific research questions.
We are happy to provide the Career Resources Questionnaire to be used in academic, nonprofit research projects free of charge. Please contact us for further information and to request the questionnaire for your research project.
The Career Resources Questionnaire is a scientifically developed tool to evaluate important resources that promote employability and career success.
The questionnaire can be completed for free and be used for self-assessment, for career counseling and HR development activities, and research projects.
The Career Resources Questionnaire is based on the latest insights from international career research and has been developed and validated by the research team of Prof. Dr. Andreas Hirschi at the Department of Work and Organizational Psychology at the University of Bern, Switzerland.